Thursday, January 26, 2006

thursday!

WOOOOOOO!

dude, that's awesome about the TA job tess. way to go! and you're SWIMMING d? i also this week just overcame incredible inertia and did 3.5 hours of work that i've been putting off for 8 months for my thesis. so now i can start running subjects soon (iiiidiot).

i have heard a lot of mixed things about TFA. I've talked to a bunch of people who have done it, and a few of them had bad things to say, but overwhelmingly they did really like it. It IS a lot of work, but how can it not be? My main criticism of it is that it's getting larger not smaller (the idea is that it should just be temporary) but I suppose it's not necessarily the fault of the program so much as other failures in society. And D -- generally, if you can get anyone in these classes that wants to make sure the kids get good grades its a good thing. And I think more often while TFA people aren't as good TEACHERS, their close enough in age that it does make a lot more of a difference. They asked me to meet with a recruiter last week and he said a lot of people who really hate it go in with an unrealistic attitude about what's going to happen. I don't know how true that is but it sounds better than other things I've heard. Also, I'm worried that if i never get teaching experience, my research won't be legit. you know? I'm still applying for other things, but those are far less controversial. :)

Also, David S is visiting me tomorrow! He'll be out here for the weekend! Fun, huh?

Okay, I should finish this problem set. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home