Wednesday, February 01, 2006

beautiful challah!

That looks great Elle! Did you make a vegan one? If you did can you send me the recipe? I'm thinking of just trying to replace the eggs with soy levicin (sp? is that even the right word?) but I'm not sure how it will turn out. In the beginning of the year, when I was still learning my way around the kitchen (making Challah took me about 4 hours of work, not including rising time, because I just didn't know where things were or how to use them or really how to make bread without a bread machine), I had just gotten the challah into the first rising stage, was exhausted, and then someone came by and said: "Hey, are you making any vegan challah?" and I wanted to burst into tears. But now I think I'm ready if I can find a good recipe.

Also, you should try the Larel's Kitchen Whole Bread Book recipe for soymilk bread, it's REALLY good. It has like an eggy texture but doesn't have egg (it has soymilk!). Really good. Hooray!!

Beautiful braiding, as well. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home