Thursday, February 02, 2006

yay bread

I'm so impressed at your mad baking skills! props to both of you.

we went skiing in VT at Mt. Snow, hokiest name possible.

this week started off soooo stressfully -- Monday was just hell, non-stop busy all day rushing to different meetings, classes, rehearsals. besides the business during the day, though, my semester is lined up to be very relaxed. so far my work commitments are relatively few, so I am packing in hours at the library, dance, and SCCS (student campaign for child survival). yesterday was the first night of Feb Club: about 200 seniors, groups of whom will host a party every night of February. the intention is that everyone will attend (or at least make an appearance) at every party, but I don't know how closely I'll stick to that. we're throwing one for president's day on the 20th -- very excited for it.

do you guys know the "swedish pop sensation" gunther? he's the artist responsible for the most ridiculous song I know, the ding dong song (lyrics: oh, you touch my tra-la-la / my ding-ding-dong). imagine that with an accent and a handlebar moustache and you start to get the picture. he's performing at yale tomorrow night, and I've volunteered to work at his master's tea tomorrow afternoon, when he'll give a talk to all the students that can squeeze into our master's house. I'm hoping to get a photo with him.:)

also, random: I was talking with a girl I know pretty well a few nights ago, and she revealed that she has an ongoing correspondence with an older Chilean senator with whom she had a love affair when she was in Chile for the past two summers. how does that happen to people? the idea of a relationship like that is straight out of movies, and is completely foreign to me. it's so interesting that it's her, too -- a kind of homely looking Rhodes scholar. the whole affair is just so fantastical to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home